2015–2016 RSV Season Recommendations
Updated May 12, 2015
- High-risk infants selected for Synagis therapy should be dosed monthly December through April for a total of 5 doses.
- Preauthorization with health insurance is usually required before Synagis is administered to high-risk infants.
- Form to preauthorize patients covered by Idaho Medicaid: http://www.healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=vGanStQ6-NM%3d&tabid=206&portalid=0&mid=1589
- Significant changes in indications for Synagis have been published by AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases in Pediatrics 2014, 134:415-420 and in 2015 Red Book.
- Details for implementation of Synagis by primary care clinics are on another page of this website at http://www.idahoaap.org/monitor_synagis.htm.