Early Newborn Hearing
- Early Hearing & Detection and Intervention in Idaho (pdf)
Read about EHDI in Idaho from Idaho Sound Beginings
- New Supplement to Pediatrics on Improving the System of Care for Infants and Children with Early Hearing Loss.
National data suggest that up to half of U.S. babies that do not pass their newborn hearing screens are lost to follow-up/lost to documentation.
- Fortunate One, Fortunate Son (pdf)
Read about an Pediatric & NICU Nurse's journey through newborn hearing and screening with her son
Early Hearing & Detection and Intervention in Idaho Email Express
- December 2011 (pdf)
Upcoming Events, Gene Therapy for Ears, PEHDIC on Facebook, AAP EHDI Resources Online, ASHA Health Insurance Resources, 2012 EHDI Meeting Registration, AADB, and Words of Inspiration
- November 2011 (pdf)
This month's AAP-EHDI newsletter has some great information and links for the Medical Home on follow-up and resources for families of children with hearing loss written by the AAP National Chapter Champion for EHDI- Dr. Albert Mehl of Colorado.
- Idaho Early Hearing Detection & Intervention (EHDI) Information
- Idaho Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Center of Disease Control and Prevention - Hearing Loss Information Idaho Early Hearing Detection & Intervention (EHDI) Information
Universal Newborn Hearing Detection and Intervention
Who to Contact
- Erik Meyers, MD
Idaho Chapter, AAP's Newborn Hearing and Screening Advocate
- Brian Shakespeare — EHDI Program Coordinator
Andrea Amestoy R.N. — EHDI Educational and Parent Consultant
They welcome your comments, suggestions, and insights. They can be contacted at ShakespB@dhw.idaho.gov, email@example.com, or 208-334-0829.