Articles & Fact Sheets
- Learn the Signs. Act Early. - Fact Sheets (pdf)
The USC UCEDD faculty, staff, and trainees have translated the CDC Learn the Signs. Act Early. Autism Fact Sheet into multiple languages.
Links & Resources
- Sesame Street resource that includes materials about children with autism (website)
- Autism Awareness and Acceptance in Early Childhood Education
- Sound Advice on Autism from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Autism Case Training: A Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Curriculum (website)
We are thrilled to announce the launch of the "Learn the Signs. Act Early."(LSAE) campaign Autism Case Training: A Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Curriculum (ACT). The curriculum will make its official debut at the AAP National Conference and Exhibition, October 15-17, 2011.
Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC)
The Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee and Office of Autism Research Coordination are pleased to announce that the 2009 IACC Summary of Advances in Autism Spectrum Disorder Research was released and posted to the IACC website today in conjunction with the United Nations designated World Autism Awareness Day and the Department of Health and Human Services celebration of National Autism Awareness Month. The 2009 IACC Summary of Advances is a collection of brief summaries of the twenty research articles that the IACC felt made the most significant contributions to autism biomedical and services research in 2009.
- Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee (IACC) Home Page
- IACC News Update on the Summary of Advances
- 2009 IACC Summary of Advances in ASD Research
- HHS Press release regarding National Autism Awareness Month
- What Would "Better" Diagnosis of ASDs Look Like?: DSM-5 and Beyond
This archived webinar was delivered by Dr. Catherine Lord, and discusses the newly proposed framework of the DSM-5 criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorders as a basis for diagnosis.