Pediatric Research in Office Settings (PROS)
- Strict Smoke-free Home Policies Among Smoking Parents (pdf)
- Implementation of a Parental Tobacco Control Intervention in Pediatric Practice (pdf)
- PROS Clinical Effort Against Secondhand Smoke Exposure (CEASE) Study 1 (pdf)
- PROS Clinical Effort Against Secondhand Smoke Exposure (CEASE) Study 2 (pdf)
Articles & Documents
- Study: Teens Who Skimp On Sleep Now Have More Drinking Problems Later (website)
- Monitoring Adolescents for High-Risk Behaviors (pdf)
Fall 2014 issue of the Northwest Bulletin
- Adolescent Depression Screening Learning Collaborative
The specific aim of this project was to increase early detection and initiation of treatment for depression in patients 12 through 17 years of age.
- Minor Consent Laws
Summary of laws allowing minors to consent for their own health care.
- Emancipation Law
Text from an article in the Idaho Board of Medicine newsletter.
- How to help your patients deal with bullying and dating violence (from Contemporary Pediatrics website)
- Lessons Learned from the Idaho Teen Dating Violence Awareness & Prevention Project (pdf)
- Suicide Depression Student Guidebook (website)
Published by Learn Psychology
- Optimizing Bone Health in Children and Adolescents (website)
This clinical report reviews normal bone acquisition in infants, children, and adolescents and discusses factors affecting bone health in this age group.
- Idaho Teen Makes Big on Good Morning America
- Idaho Teen Dating Violence Awareness & Prevention Website
- The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Suicide Prevention Action Network of Idaho (SPAN)
- US Dept. of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Information about substance abuse prevention and addiction treatment.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
AAP Immunization Initiative Newsletters
- Substance Abuse/Mental Health
National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Info
- Natl. Inst. Drug Abuse
- Adolescent Health
National Institute of Mental Health's Adolescent Health Site
- Idaho Teen Pregnancy
The PEAK (Peers Encouraging Abstinent Kids) curriculum is available through your local health district or by visiting this website.
- AAP Adolescent topics
American Academy of Pediatrics Home Page
- Anti-Drug Abuse Site
practical suggestions for parents
- STD Control Branch
Up-to-date recommendations for treatment of stds in adolescents
- Students vs. Destructive Decisions
Student maintained site with emphasis on drunk driving. Originated as Students Against Driving Drunk.