About the Idaho Chapter
Our mission is to promote the health and welfare of Idahos children by influencing policy on any and every issue affecting child health: immunizations, air pollution, and so much more.
- AAP Chapter Champion Programs have been very effective for disseminating best policies and practices to pediatric health care providers nationwide through the leadership and volunteer networks of chapters. Chapter champion programs are designed to serve as a mechanism to provide technical assistance, tools and resources, and more to pediatricians and other pediatric health care providers in a more direct manner via national AAP staff.
Donate to the IdahoAAP Chapter
- The Idaho AAP is now a registered nonprofit organization with the Amazon Smiles Program. This means 0.5% of purchases at Amazon.com can be donated to the Chapter. Simply go to https://smile.amazon.com/ and select the "Idaho Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics" as your favorite charity. Whenever you shop, go to this link https://smile.amazon.com/ instead of just Amazon.com.
- 2019 Pediatrician of the Year — Dr. Cristina Leon
- 2019 Child Advocate of the Year — Jacquie Watson
- 2019 Organization of the Year — The Ada County Medical Education Consortium (ACMEC)
Click here to view all awards >>